Sunday, January 22, 2012

Remembering the first blog...oh how things have changed:)

The maiden blogging voyage...

I always think I'd like to start small. Baby steps as the cliche goes.
Every baby step I take seems to be through another open door to a new adventure. I'm getting the message that maybe my life shouldn't fit a mold, shouldn't be so calculated, or so controlled. Maybe it should be carefully navigated, but completely honest, entirely embraced and inoculated with all the joy and pain I stumble upon.

I start a new journey everyday, and so far it has taught me that nothing can be expected or foretold, but only gracefully endured, confronted, embraced, or abandoned.
I think now that I want it all. Whether the beginning is small, timid, and scant, or boisterous, rowdy, and intimidating, I'll take it all.

The shining irony here is that after a whirlwind of two beautiful years, I've done anything but live timidly, and after this spring I will start small, with a tiny, fragile human that has already become the biggest thing in my life. A true testament, as it were, to the love I've known in my short life. I can't wait for the day we meet our little creation, our little 'us'.

No comments:

Post a Comment